Water Association was established in 1899, with Jacob Amend as its first
The well, located on a hill almost a mile from the center of town, overlooks
the field where the pioneer settlement of Instanter was founded in 1809.
And, just a couple hundred yards west, was the Teutonia settlement of the
1840's. The well is today in the same location, at the extension of North
Street. Today there are two storage tanks, and hydrants throughout Clermont.
And, the water is tested monthly by current President
Johnson. But, any decisions are still made by a town meeting, just
as they were 100 years ago.