1912-1920 Interstate Glass Factory
See Sanborn Map
photo credit: John Coleman Collection
Interstate Glass Company built a window glass plant
beside the Keystone plant soon after 1912 and later bought the Keystone plant.
The two plants were operated as one unit from then on. In spite of the merger,
the first plant seemed to retain the Keystone name and when both burned during
the winter of 1920-1921 there were pictures taken of the remains which identify
the older plant as the Keystone Glass Company.
Neither plant was rebuilt and today there are piles
of glass and refractoriesin a jumbled mass where the two plants stood.