S. E. Johnson & Co.
photo credit: A. J. Puhl
Current Location: Napa Auto Parts
A house which from age has come
to be a landmark in Port Allegany and which, in fact, has grown up with
our town is that of S. E. Johnson & Co., dealers in general merchandise.
This sterling house was established by its present owners in 1892 and during
its existence has had a career of uninterrupted prosperity. It is located
on the corner of Main street and Tabel avenue having a store front of 40
feet. S. E. Johnson & CO. have a veritable department store, the different
branches being completely stocked with full line of staple aand fancy groceries,
dry goods of every description, clothing, boots and shoes, everything being
up-to-date and all kinds of chick feed. Mr. Johnson is eminently progressive,
practical and capable, and is noted for his square and honorable dealings.
He is a native of Port Wisconsin and is numbered among Port Allegany's
solid and most influential citizens. He has served nine years as councilman.
Mr. Johnson is prominent in all circles and his agreeable social qualities
has marked for him a host of friends.