The Brasted Bakery is shown on the left and the carriage shops and the lumber
mills are on the right in this lithograph postcard of the 1890's.
The above scene has been carefully reconstructed in a 3-d model for the McKean Count HIstorical Museum by long time Smethport resident Lester Jordan.
The horsedrawn wagon in the street would be just in front of the Hamlin Memorial Library toady.
Back to 1895 Mechanic Street Looking South
Back to 1895 Virtual Main Street
1895 Hamlin Lake Spillway
See Map at this Location
Return to top