1850s: Original McKean County Bank
and the Philetus Ford General Store

on the west side Church Street

later the location of the McKean County Miner Newspaper Office

See painted panorama of Smethport 1858
See photo of this location in 2006

photo credit: Ross Porter Collection

walk down Church Street Move uphill Hike up to see the Methodist Church

photo credit: Ross Porter Collection

The Early, Pioneer Days -Very early Smethport Links:

Joseph Oviatt

William Mccoy

Location 2006

photo credit: Meghan Scott 2006
Return to location 1861